Monday, September 04, 2006

Tidbits - Dog Baths, Happy Cats, Lonely Socks, et cetera

Ah, the exit sign for Beautiful Lake Oswego. For some reason I thought I should take a picture of this sign.


Ah, bath time for Eina..."Does Daddy have to do this to me?"




"Thank you for making me clean...I love you, Daddy"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Yeah, I'm cool. Don't mess with me. I'm relaxing. The dog is outside instead of jumping on me so I am having a few minutes of peace and quiet. Ah, the sweet flavor of solitude."
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


On the knitting front:

Today was the day for organizing the stash. Ziploc bags were purchased, Swift & Ballwinder were brought out and attached to rocking chair, (not quite) all yarn was made into balls and put in Ziploc bags w/ a 3x5 card in each identifying the project, who it is for, and any other relevant specifications. Soon all items I should be working on as a priority will go into the knitting basket in the living room and the rest to the storage basket. I will update my WIPs and FOs when I have a chance to take my eyes off of the never-ending ruffle edge...that I am about 5/6 of the way done with on only ONE side of the requisite 4. One side. Only one. That is O-N-E in case it helps to read it slower and absorb the full meaning of this simple word. One. AHHHH!!! This "almost done" shawl has turned into a long-term project. And by long term I mean the ten-year-plan. Ok. I'm done crying now. The finished sock below pacifies me. It is pretty but lonely. When I need a break from the shawl I can work on a lover for this sock. Ah, love. So beautiful. Now I need to wind more balls and watch M.A.S.H. with DH. Life is wonderful!

Work Station:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finished Pretty But Lonely Sock:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really like this Kitchener Rib cast on edge...much more professional looking than the cast on I had previously been using. (Technique can be found on pages 24-25 of Big Book of Knitting by Katharina Buss)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Reinforced Heel Flap...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Star Toe...pulled slightly out of shape in order to take the picture. Turns out the toe of a sock is hard to lay flat.(Technique can be found on page 76 of Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch...Thanks for letting me borrow the book, Tammy!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lonely Sock gracing Lonely Foot:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Goodnight and Happy Labor Day!

1 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 7:03 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Beware of the Second Sock Syndrome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home