Friday, September 01, 2006

The not-so-short-and-sweet Short & Sweet post

Tonight will be short and sweet. It turns out that reading blogs all night long and designing (scratch that: attempting to design, losing the past hours work, no longer designing) a web site for a future oh-so-wildly-successful Llama & Alpaca Fiber (etc.) online store can make a person tired. I'm tired. DH is already asleep on couch. Dog is asleep...where? See, I have to go find the dog now. Cat is...probably with dog. Abbie should be...in bed.

So...

1) Yarn Harlot will be @ Powell's on Hawthorne @ 7:30 pm on this Wed, Sept 6. Yay! I'll be there. I will try to identify myself somehow and see you when (note when, not if) you're there. Hopefully it won't be something too scary so you won't be embarrassed to be seen with me...I'll try to keep it under control...

2) Some pictures of my felted purse. This was made with Cascade 220 in Rust.

Body: Stockinette
Bottom: Garter
Strap: Garter, extra wide so the pressure would distribute over my shoulder when I wear it diagonally. *NOTE: the strap was waaaaaaaaaay too long when I first felted it. I cut a length out of the strap and sewed the ends together with needle & strong, strong thread. I cut a flower out of the excess strap and stitched it over the hole on the front of the bag--ask me later...I am too tired to admit something as silly as that...I did not cover the hole on the inside of the bag so as to remind myself to avoid stupidity...again, I'll tell you later--and needle felted the middle of the flower and the swirly next to the flower. I will probably add a few more swirlies before I actually call it done. Turns out the strap was still too long so I cut more length out and will use that excess for another flower at the top of the strap to cover the seam I had to make. My mom still thinks the strap is too long but I disagree. The point of this bag in the first place was to have something sturdy and cute to put my books & knitting in for my bus rides to work everyday and with a long enough strap that I could easily wear it diagonally from shoulder to thigh. That still is the main purpose so the fact that I can wear it one one shoulder like a purse and have it look close to normal is incidental. I'm pretty happy with it and my DH gave me some nice compliments about it as well so that right there gives it a little something extra special.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Unbeknownst to me, DH thought it would be a good idea to get a close-up of *ahem* my boobs. Be merciful. What's a wife to do?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3) DH and I went to see A Prairie Home Companion last weekend. BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. I don't normally laugh so hard that I cry but I was filling up the empty popcorn basket with the river I was crying. Excellent, Excellent movie. If you have never heard the radio program you could probably still find it a good movie but if you have heard A Prairie Home Companion (otherwise known as News from Lake Woebegone) on the radio at all and were enchanted by it like DH and I then you will LOVE it as well. Just FYI.

Good night.

Oh wait, some pics of DH & Eina. And a monkey or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Goodnight! I mean it!

1 Comments:

At 9/03/2006 11:00 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Love the bag!! You said it was Rust? It looks more pink/dusty rose than what I imagine Rust to be. I hate taking pictures, the colors just never come out right once I get them onto the computer.

Eina is so cute!!

I WILL see you at Powell's on Wednesday!! Oh, and we love Prairie Home Companion too. Haven't seen the movie though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home